iMotiv

Monday 8 July 2013

KKi ケ一キ (Japanese Cake Shop) / The Little Drom Store

On Sunday, CW and I wanted to do something different. However, we are a really boring couple so we couldn't think of anything interesting :x In the end, we just went with the flow.

As CW had to drop by Clarke Quay to get something for his shoot, we wandered around the area and settled for Song Fa Bak Kut Teh for lunch. I have never tried Song Fa before so we were quite excited as we are soup lovers. I prefer the peppery soup base more than the herbal one and Song Fa's one was peppery soup!
We ordered braised pork to go along. 

The braised pork was pretty tasty! I only go for the lean meat and CW goes for the fatty meat. I love the soup. I think I always compare the soup to my grandmother's standard. This one was pretty close to that taste. CW prefers 'Sin Heng Bak Kut Teh' at Joo Chiat. The only thing that I don't like was the small bowl. Small bowl =  less soup and I had to keep refilling the soup. It was a happy lunch!

After lunch, we had another major headache thinking of where to go/ what to do. As I got a free lomography fish eye camera the previous day, I headed down to lomography shop near Ann Siang Street to get films for the camera. On the way there, CW brought me to a cake shop that he visited awhile back.

It was a Japanese Cake shop that also allows artists to hold exhibitions there. In the shop, there is also a small corner that sells vintage toys/ accessories and also polaroid cameras. Love the feel of the shop.
If I could, I would love to open a shop like this one day. 

Kki / The little Drom Store
7 Ann Siang Hill Singapore 069791
+65 62256650
hello@kki-sweets.com



Mamee!







Shop aside, they serve unique and tasty cakes. They carry whole and slices of cake. For whole cakes, they require advanced notice. Their cakes have unique flavours such as Antoinette (white chocolate mousse with mango centre), Cafe Dumo (Chocolate coffee mousse with praline centre), Emily (Champagne mousse with wild strawberry centre), Gromage Melon (Cheese Mousse with rock melon centre), Kinabaru (Coconut mousse with passionfruit centre), Little Red Riding Hood (Dark chocolate mousse with raspberry centre), Mont Blanc (French chestnut paste with fresh cream center) and more. 
We had Mont Blanc and Royal Milk Tea Cheese Cake.

Left: Mont Blanc, Right: Royal Milk Tea Cheese Cake
Mont Blanc

Royal Milk Tea Cheese Cake
Check out the cute squarish card with their shop's name on the card. 
Alot of effort was put into the shop's concept.



If you are familiar with the bottled milk tea that you can readily find in Japan, the Royal Milk Tea Cheese Cake tastes just like that. The cheese cake has a very soft texture that is closer to mousse. 
CW really like Mont Blanc. The pastry at the bottom tastes just like the Danish butter cookies. The sweetness of the cake was just nice. Each cake costs about S$7-9.



I'll definitely drop by again sometime soon to try out the other cake flavours!
It was my first time at Ann Siang Hill and definitely not my last. The shop houses there are so pretty and is a good photoshoot location.

No comments:

Post a Comment