iMotiv

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Poulèt

CW's company's film was nominated for 'Best cinematography (open category) for Cine65 event. Even though they did not win the award in the end, the nomination was a recognition of their work!  Great job guys. The award ceremony was held today at Golden Village at Great World City. Congratulations to all winners! It was inspiring to see so many films on what singapore means to people. 

Entrance 'ticket'
In the theatre

As the event was held at great world city, we headed to Poulèt for dinner after the event. I've walked pass Poulèt (other branches) a few times and have been wanting to try it. Finally got to try it today! 

We each ordered a main dish. I  also ordered their mushroom soup and desserts (Tiramisu and Banana Bread Pudding). Pictures credit to Poulèt's website as I forget my camera. Their food looks exactly like the pictures on the website (even their dinnerware).

Mushroom Soup
Their mushroom soup was not bad. Very creamy and not too thick. I don't like mushrooms soups that are really thick (like a paste). Those soups make me feel very full after the soup and there's not much space for my main course. This one was more watery but still tastes good.

Half roasted chicken

Ox-Tail
For the mains, we ordered their half roasted chicken, ox-tail and also pork belly. I must say that I'm surprised by their food! Firstly, the ox-tail was really tender. It melts in your mouth. The sauce also goes very well with the ox-tail. Worth trying on your first visit. The roasted chicken was alright. One thing I liked about their chicken was that the meat was not tough and not dry. Hate to eat chicken with tough and dry meat. Their sauce was also pretty tasty. I did not get to try the pork belly so I can't say anything about it.

Tiramisu

Banana Bread Pudding

It was also my first time trying Tiramisu (sad to say). I'm not a coffee lover but this tiramisu was alright for me! The coffee taste was not overwhelming and I like that it is not too sweet. I will definitely try more tiramisus to make up for all the lost years not having it. Banana Bread Pudding was pretty good. You can find small chunks of banana inside. It is also not too sweet.

I had a great dinner there and will definitely dine there again when I have the chance to!
They have 5 branches located at:
- Bugis Plus
- VivoCity
- Chinatown Point
- Great World City
- Jurong Point
You can find out more on their website: http://poulet.com.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment