iMotiv

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Nutella cheesecake (No Bake)- Cooking 101

This is a really easy recipe. As I do not have an oven at home, I always look for no bake recipes. This recipe was taken off Nigella. The original recipe has chopped toasted hazelnut but I couldn't find it in the shops near me so I decided to do without it.

All the ingredients used minus the hazelnuts


Ingredients 
- 250g of digestive biscuits
- 500g of cream cheese
- 60g icing sugar
- 75g unsalted butter
- 400g Nutella 

Method
- Break the digestive biscuits into a bowl. (small crumbs. I used my hands to do this and it took very long and I ended up with sore fingers. You can use a food processor) 
- Add butter and 15ml of nutella and mix until it becomes a damp, sandy mixture. (smells really good)
- Tip into a 23cm/9inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill. (I left it for 1 hour)
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined
- Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base.
-  place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge for best results.

Before going into the fridge


Not evenly spread out

The cake layer seems alittle thin

Not evenly spread
 I think this recipe is too sweet for me. It tastes great, just too sweet. I will probably cut the amount of nutella by half! Another success! I probably will get laughed at by seasoned bakers with my horrible baking skills and cake appearance. Don't mind getting feedback to improve myself :D

No comments:

Post a Comment