iMotiv

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Braces up!

So my palatal expander and top braces went up on 7 May 2013. It was only slightly uncomfortable when it first went on. The teeth went on to hurt for the next 4 days.
Top braces
Palatal expander with 3 turns
Mould of my teeth
Top set of teeth
Bottom set of teeth
As I have read up on the palatal expander beforehand, i knew what to expect. The thing that I was initially very worried about is that I don't know how to turn it properly. Youtube was really helpful in this case. There are step by step videos that you can find on how to turn the key. It took me only 1 minute to turn the key even though I was doing it for the first time. After I'm done for the turn of the day, I put in the key to make sure that I can find the hole for the next day. I'm turning it once a day. Upon turning, you can feel pressure for a short while and then it goes away.

Talking is horrible for the first 3 days but as I practiced more by trying to talk properly, i'm sounding quite normal now other than for words like GREEN. It sounds like GWEEN. haha

The palatal expander is a horror when it comes to eating. It is SO HARD TO EAT. Everything gets stuck. I rinse my mouth many times a day to ensure that nothing gets stuck there. I also have a mini brush that can reach the expander and I brush it everyday after food.

I want to get the Waterpik for easy flossing! It's so expensive in Singapore and not easy to find. Hoping to be able to ship it over from USA.

Waiting for the next appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment