iMotiv

Sunday 20 April 2014

Korean Army Stew

We ran out of ideas on what to have for dinner so we decided to cook something. Something easy to make and doesn't require alot of preparation. We decided on Korean army stew as it looks really simple to make and it kind of does not require proper cooking skills.

I used a random recipe that I found online. The recipe actually mentioned that I can add practically anything that I want. I added SPAM, sausages, toufu, mushrooms, minced beef, kimchi, rice cakes and cheese. I should have added cabbage and onions too. Used alittle too much chicken stock so it was alittle too salty. Will add more water instead the next time. It was surprisingly good! Easy to make and all we had to do was to add the ingredients into the pot and let it cook. This pot was too much for the 2 of us so I packed some for lunch tomorrow. Ahhh.. the cheese was really good in the stew. We wanted to add ramen but realised that we do not have any stomach space left for that. Minced beef was marinated with paste, sesame oil and white pepper. Paste for the soup was the paste, garlic powder and sesame oil. I think that the most important ingredient in the stew is KIMCHI. It will not taste as good without the kimchi!


End product without the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment